Vegetable Breyani is a bold and flavorful Indian rice dish. Our version includes bell peppers, peas, carrots and potatoes with turmeric, garam masala and other warm spices. Traditionally made with basmati rice, the nutritional value is significantly increased by using a Chef2Table Mega Meal.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 L water
- 1 250g pack Chef2Table Mega Meal – Mixed Veg Flavour
- Add oil in a large casserole dish or pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, ginger and spices and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated (about 10 minutes)
- Add in the peas, carrot, potato, bell pepper and celery and stir well.
- Add in the water and Chef2Table Mega Meal bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook (covered) for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for five minutes before serving.
You can serve with fresh coriander, chopped fresh chilli and cucumber raita.