Having a deliciously warm and spicy dish in winter is wonderful for the whole family! This recipe has everything in one pot, so it keeps the washing up to a minimum but enjoyment to the max!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oreganum
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Tbsp oil to make a paste
REST OF DISH:
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack Chef2Table Mega Meal Chicken flavour
- 1L water
- Sliced spring onions and fresh parsley to serve
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Add oil to casserole dish/pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and brown for 2-3 minutes per side, to develop a nice crispy skin. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Lower heat and add in chopped onion, carrot and celery. Saute for about 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add cayenne, chilli flakes and salt and pepper and stir.
- Add Chef2Table Mega Meal and water and place chicken thighs on top of the rice, skin side up (pour in the juices that are left on the plate as well). Return to a simmer, then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and allow to cook until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve topped with sliced spring onions and chopped parsley