With winter on its way, this hearty, warming soup is the perfect family dinner.
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 600g frozen chicken quarters, defrosted
- 1x250g packet Chef2Table MegaMeal Chicken flavor
- 2x400g tins creamed style sweetcorn
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sliced spring onion (optional)
- Bread to serve (optional)
- Fry onion in a little oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add garlic and fry for one minute
- Add stock, chicken and Chef2Table MegaMeal
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked
- Remove chicken and shred, discarding the bones and skin. This is easier if you let the chicken cool a little.
- Return chicken to the pot with the corn
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer your soup a little more lemony, add more lemon juice.
- Serve topped with sliced spring onions and crusty bread.