Soft wraps filled with a delicious spicy boerewors and Chef2Table MegaMeal filling, topped with tomato and cheese and baked in the oven.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g boerewors
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, ground coriander
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tin whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 pack Chef2Table Mega Meal Chilli Beef flavour (can use Beef flavour if you prefer), cooked according to packaging instructions
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 pack of tortilla wraps
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tin (410g) tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh coriander, pickled jalapenos, avocado and sour cream to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Take the filling out of the boerewors casing and discard the casing. You should be left with a bowl of spiced minced meat
- Fry onion in a little oil until soft
- Add the filling from the boerewors to the pan and fry until browned.
- Add the ground cumin and coriander and fry for another minute
- Add the kidney beans, corn, cooked Chef2Table MegaMeal and beef stock and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste
- Put a ladle of filling into each wrap, roll up and place them next to each other in an ovenproof dish. Once done, you should have a row of filled wraps laid out in the dish.
- Combine the tomato puree, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the wraps
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the top of the tomato mixture
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mozzarella is crisping on the edges and completely melted.
- Serve topped with avo, sour cream, jalapenos and fresh coriander – however you like it!