This dish is a great way to use up left over chicken, and is so quick and easy to whip up. Pair it with a Chef2Table Mega Meal and you are ready to feed the whole family – and maybe the neighbours! Perfect for the cold winter nights ahead.
- 400g cooked chicken cut into chunks (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 punnet button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp Maizena
- 60g butter or margarine
- 150ml milk
- 150ml cream
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 250g packet of Chef2Table, cooked to packet instructions.
- In a pot, melt the butter or margarine.
- Add the green pepper and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the Maizena so it is well combined with the remaining liquid.
- Gradually stir in the chicken stock, followed by the milk.
- Put the pot back on the heat and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
- Turn down the heat and add the cream and chicken, stirring to combine.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve piping hot with Chef2Table.